Well this one is almost a no brainer. No More Heroes is probably one of the best new IP’s to start life on the Wii. Rumours have been circulating today that NMH 3 will be arriving on WiiU eventually so don’t hold out for another No More Heroes on your Wiis.
Where has this specultion come from? Well that would point to an interview Suda51 had with Destructoid after Destructoid enquired about a new NMH title and pulled up a quote saying the next NMH would be on Nintendo’s next console. Here’s what Suda51 had to say:
“Of course, yeah. I promise to not break your heart. I was at the Nintendo booth yesterday and today, and I actually had a chance to take the Wii U into my own hands. And as soon as I grabbed it things started swirling in my head.
I don’t know if it’s going to be one male character.”
So, there’s also the possibility of a new character or companion for Travis Touchdown. Of course don’t expect any concrete news about NMH 3 until middle to late 2012 with a 2013 release date.
So, I’ve been pretty active tracking down the rumours from around the net and tweeting them. Now I shall start going through the list and see if those rumours have become truth, dashed or still a possibility. Let’s go!
- Rockstar’s Agent to use Team Bondi’s Motion Scan Tech – Disappointingly there has been no real info at this year’s E3 regarding Agent at all. However, I can’t see Agent not using this tech. If this will be a spy type game then interrogations will be more than likely included. The fantastic tech used in LA Noire would be perfect for such a game and so file this under the 90% chance of happening file.
2. PS4 to launch Holiday 2014 – This is a long term prediction and it makes a lot of sense. I’d expect a reveal at E3 2013 with a release date of Holiday 2014. This is because the PS3 10 year life cycle will be winding down and a release 2 years before the end of that cycle gives plenty of time for people to switch over as PS3 games development switches over to PS4.
3. New Starfox to be among Wii 2 launch titles – Well the Wii U has been officially unveiled and 11 titles have so far been confirmed for it so far. I still believe that Starfox will become the next series to get a full revival due to the remake of Starfox 64 on 3DS. Fans have been waiting a long time for a new entry and it would shift big among hardcore gamers.
4. GTA V to get reveal during Sony E3 Conference – This didn’t happen. It would have been the perfect reveal to bring faith back to the Sony brand after the hacking incident. Rumour trashed.
5. Crackdown 3 set for E3 reveal – If this was going to happen it would have happened by now. Rumour trashed.
6. Star Wars Kinect to be given official title and release date at E3 – Well it got the official title and a showcase. Still no release date though however, October or November seem likely. Rumour Semi – Confirmed
7. The Sony NGP to be called PS Vita – Well this one is CONFIRMED. Looks like an amazing machine and looking forward to it.
8. Bungie to reveal New IP on July 7th 2011 – Still a rumour but July 7th is Bungie Day so a reveal of the New IP will be a perfect way to celebrate.
9. WipEout to be a launch title for PS Vita – WipEout 2048 was revealed on the PS Vita and it looks absolutely fantastic. You may as well file this in the confirmed section of your files.
10. Zelda Skyward Sword to get release date at E3 – An exact release date has not been given but Nintendo did confirm that it will be out this year at some point. So, rumour Semi Confirmed.
That’s the end of Part 1 of Rumour Confirmed or Not. Remember, you can follow me on Twitter and send me any e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Don’t send spam though. I’m not really a fan.